The sleeper has awakened...

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Season’s Greetings

Hello people.

I know few people read my blog; my blog now is more for my own private ranting than for any pitiful audience that I still have left.

Christmas is around the corner.

Normally, just a couple of years back, I would be eagerly awaiting the arrival of Christmas.
1) The presents,
2) The Christmas Turkey (nah I had chicken, I’m not a rich monkey…),
3) The Christmas shows on TV,
4) The Christmas carols and the list goes on.

I tried to catch Santa Claus by hiding in the toilet all night (I gave up after 5 minutes).
I woke up at 6 in the morning, dragged my presents to my room and opened them as fast as I could.

Now? I just don’t adore Christmas like I used to.

The more cynical and realistic me realizes the absurdity of this festival.

I just can’t stomach how Christmas has been made so commercialized…

The good old feeling of universal brotherhood, generosity, and Christian charity is gone for me. In the past I could at least sleep soundly in the knowledge that the 25th of December was a one day, at least, where the goodness of Man, was on display for all to see. This one day, for me at least, was enough to justify the other 364 wretched days in a year.

Maybe all that was just a manifestation of the optimism and innocence of childhood…

Now Christmas is a fine occasion that calls for me for blow a hole in my wallet.

It’s an occasion that signifies school is starting, and reminds you of your undone homework.

Christmas is a time when people go to church to pray for an hour, and then go get drunk till kingdom comes in the name of “celebrating this sacred festival”.

It’s at times like this that the temptation to shout “bah humbug” just screams to me…

Ebenezer Scrooge wasn’t entirely unjustified in detesting Christmas…

I feel like an old man… Pessimistic and disparaging.

Do you know that more people commit suicide around Christmas than on any other day of the year?

There was even a song about suicide at Christmas on the David Letterman Show.

I’ll give you some room to take that all in.

Merry Christmas people. Merry Christmas indeed.

Humbug.


10:07 PM
[ 0 comments | link ]
Let's put a smile on that face!

All About Me

V (That's Me!)

I'm:
Irritating but not Malicious
Eccentric but not Weird
Resolute but not Stubborn
Sarcastic but not Mean
Easygoing but not a Pushover
And the list goes on...

My Chums

Benedict
Bryan
CYY
Chee Kiang
Hao Ran
Hao Zhe
Jia Beng
Jun Sheng
Jia Wei
Melvin
Nan Zheng
Nigel
Wei Nan
Wen Zuo
Wilson
Yi Zhen
Yun Da
Zin Nam
2-3 09

To-Do List

-Win JGs
-Get ranked top 10 for JGs
-Good results
-Basketball & LAN

News

-PB elections

Let's have a chat...

Archives

May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
March 2010
October 2010